Yes, kids from 10 years upwards can drive a hand controlled Rally Car on an official rally track.
What is Adapted Rally Driving?
Since June 2015, using a specially adapted rally car, all of our rally driving experiences, including our Junior Rally Experience, is available to disabled drivers!
The car is semi-automatic using a paddle gear change system on the steering wheel and the pedals are controlled using hand operated levers meaning that, as long as you have full use of both arms and your upper body, you are able to come along and enjoy our rally experience days.
The site is fully equipped for disabled visitors with ramped access into the Rally HQ building, disabled loos and a large hard standing area to make getting into and out of the car as comfortable as possible.
• Two hour experience with 14 laps of the 0.75 mile circuit
• 1:1 instruction with up to five drivers taking turns to drive
• A high speed passenger ride
• Personalised drivers certificate
RALLY EXERIENCE DRIVER REQUIREMENTS
For safety reasons, we insist on a number of criteria that participants on our courses must be able to fulfil. If you are purchasing a voucher or booking a place for someone else, it is your responsibility to ensure that they meet these criteria as refunds cannot be given if they are unable to fulfil them.
JUNIOR RALLY EXPERIENCE:
• Be aged over 10 years
• Be over 4’10” and under 6’4”
• Be under 20 stone
• Attend the event with a spectating parent or guardian who will countersign the Declaration of Indemnity form.
ENABLED DRIVING FOR DISABLED DRIVERS:
• All of the above Adult or Junior criteria (as appropriate) plus the following
• Have full use of both arms
• Have full use of the upper body from the waist up
• Be able to fully process instructions accurately, quickly and coherently
• Have eyesight which is adequate for driving purposes, with lenses if required
• Have sufficient hearing to understand instructions given whilst wearing an open faced crash helmet
• Not suffer from fits, seizures or black outs.
RALLY PASSENGER RIDES:
• Be over 4’6”
• Be under 6’7”
• Be under 20 stone
• Any participants under 18 will require a spectating parent or guardian to attend the event with them to countersign the Declaration of Indemnity form.
• Selected Saturdays and some weekday dates throughout the year (excluding January)
• Sessions are usually available with AM and PM start times
• Places can be limited so early booking is recommended
• A purpose made gravel track in Cirencester on the Gloucestershire and Wiltshire border